Friday, September 6, 2013

-At the beach-

Two things to note:
   (1) For the most part, it's going to appear as if my dog picked up and went on a road trip without me. This is not the case. She just happens to be very complacent about posing for pictures. Lots and lots of pictures.
   (2) I really am going to keep this blog updated. I swear it.

I'm not going to use this blog as a diary. Instead, I'll mostly use it as a photo repository.

However, some stories I'll share here (very briefly).

Day 1- Carpenteria, CA

Within 10 minutes of leaving home, the check engine light of my little Ford Ranger went off. This does not happen often, so it was kind of a bummer. Was it the new, and (honestly) quite heavy load in the bed? Some other mystery thing? Freaked out for another 10 minutes, then made my way to a local shop. Like, Ramona local. I didn't even make it out of Ramona. The guys there took a serious look at my ride, and very politely told me that nothing was, in fact, wrong. I hadn't screwed my gas cap on thoroughly enough...

Back on the road.
First stop, Carpenteria.
Lots of dog friendly beaches to run on...
...which Sadie enjoys.





The same beach the next morning




Instead of camping on the beach, we drove inland to the Los Padres NF and camped near Lake Casitas.


No comments:

Post a Comment