Tuesday, September 10, 2013

-Into San Francisco-

Days 8 through 14- San Francisco, CA

Woke early today and left the river before it got too hot. We had time for a brisk walk and dip in the river. Saw a beaver swimming around downstream.

Got in the truck and made the epic and perilous drive to San Francisco. The Bay Bridge was closed, turning a 4 hour trip into a 6 hour plod through some pretty epic traffic (I also made several wrong turns along the way). The upshot was that I got to cross over the Golden Gate Bridge on my way into the city.

San Francisco is the home of Hans and Bridget, and I stayed with them while in the city. Thank you both very much for letting me and my dog crash on your fantastic sofa bed. It is truly more comfortable than my truck's platform. More headroom.

View from their balcony in Bernal Heights.

Eating out with Asher

Hiking up to the Bernal Heights Tower.
View from the top.


 

Took a walk at Lands End.


 And another walk along the Golden Gate Bridge. Windy and loud, but worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment